What is DarkRose?
Dark Rose OS is a free source-based operating system on top of the Linux kernel. The goal is to provide extremely flexible but easy-to-compile Linux-like OS. Installation procedure is network-independent and automated.
- Installs from special fast Dark Rose Live media (which can implement cross-compilation procedures)
- Pseudographic UI (ncurses-based)
- Packages storage synchronizer which can update all packages in system when user is on-line
- Line mode (off-line or on-line) switching
- Kernel Optimizer eXtreme (can perform some actions to create very small and fast kernel)
- A lot of stuff in Live for low-level system management
But main feature is extremely flexible package management, based on Portage system.